Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Try Your Wings

This is me today, trying my wings. Writing Day One of angelinyourinkwellblog. I'm wondering how you might want to try your writing wings. However, or whatever, you want to try, with your writing, this blog is here to offer inspiration, information, and affirmation.

Every Monday morning have that first cup of coffee or tea here with me and get your writing week started. This is our conversation for anyone writing fiction, nonfiction (memoir or life story), or poetry for personal growth, posterity (your family), or publication.

Last week I had a meeting in Tulsa, Oklahoma with representatives from Oklahoma State University. My Write Your Life Story in Eight Weeks Workbook will be used for a life story class offered at the Tulsa Campus as part of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Over coffee and scones at the Panera's on 15th Street, we went through the workbook and talked about how it could be used for the classes.

One of the things we talked about was how much writing can be accomplished even in short amounts of time. More important than length of time spent writing each day is consistency of writing every day. If you try your wings by writing just ten minutes a day, by the end of the week you will have produced an hour's worth of writing. That is much more than if you waited until you "had time" to write.

Try your wings for ten minutes every day. You will become a stronger, better, faster writer. I promise.

For more information and inspiration, visit my website: http://www.angelinyourinkwell.com/.

See you next Monday.